01. Apply your cutting agent. Take a central profile parting from the forehead to the nape.
02. Create a cross-divide on the head, taking a radial division from ear to ear across the crown.
03a. To isolate the interior, take four diamond-shaped sections in each quarter, then join them together.
04. Take a central vertical section at the occipital bone. Comb the hair to 90˚ to the head and elevate to 90˚ to the round of the head. Remove weight from the baseline by layering from shorter to longer towards the length.
05. Continue the technique toward the ears, over-directing each section back to the centre. This maintains weight and length through the corners.
06. Note the change of hand and body position and repeat the same technique on the other side.
07. Reshape the baseline by point-cutting squarely to one finger’s depth elevation.
08. Take two slight diagonal sections at the eyebrows to designate the fringe area.
09. Take a central vertical section at the forehead. Comb and elevate the hair to 90˚ to the hairline and blunt-cut following the head shape.
10a. Within the fringe, over-direct each section back to the centre on both sides of the head, until the high point of the recession is reached.
11a. To reshape the side perimeter, slightly over-direct forward and control slice at a low elevation to blend to length and create softness.
12. Isolate and secure the underneath area and release the top. Take a central vertical section. Comb and elevate hair to 90˚ to the top of the head.
13. Establish the central layering guide by point-cutting from slightly longer at the front and shorter towards the back, using the length from the underneath. Then overdirect the remaining hair to the centre guide and follow to complete the layering.
14. Slice-cut the last section from the centre, outwards. This softens the overcut and helps create a visual blend between the layers and the perimeter.
15. Blow-dry the hair using a TIGI PRO Large Round Brush.
16a. Detail and personalise the cut using slide-cutting, deep parallel point-cutting and slicing.
17a. Apply Texturising Salt Spray to the surface of the hair, then buckle with your hands and blow-dry to create a soft, lived-in texture. Finish the look with Work It Hairspray.