01a. Take a delta section from the high point of the recession to the occipital bone.
02. Starting at the side, work pivoting sections around the ear. Comb and elevate the hair to 90˚ to the head. Establish the layering guide, working from short to long towards the perimeter.
03. Continue towards the back, over directing each section to the previous section. This increases the length and weight towards the ears.
04a. Note the change of hand position. Repeat the same technique on the opposite side.
05. Cross-check the balance before proceeding.
06. Behind the ear, work with slight diagonal back sections. Over-direct the hair slightly forward and, using the guide to length from the ear, layer the back while slightly increasing the length in the nape.
07. Continue towards the centre back using the same technique, over-directing each section forwards to the stationary guide behind the ear. This increases weight and length at the centre of the nape.
08. Note the change of hand position. Repeat the same technique on the opposite side.
09a. Release the top section and take a central vertical section from the forehead to the occipital bone. Starting at the fringe, comb and elevate the hair 90˚ to the head and use deep point-cutting to establish a round layering guide.
10. Continue layering forwards from the back, always working with horizontal sections.
11a. Comb the hair perpendicular to the parting and elevate at 90˚ to the head. Complete the internal layering by deep point-cutting, using the guide from the centre and following the head shape.
12a. Keep the body positioning and repeat the same technique on the other side of the head.
13. Now take a triangular section at the front and create a square fringe using a razor.
14. Blow-dry the hair smooth with a TIGI PRO Small Paddle Brush.
15a. Personalise the entire shape using slicing and point-cutting.
16. Detail the fringe with deep pointcutting. Apply Joyride to de-frizz and control the texture. Finish with Flexi Head Hairspray.