02. Then take a radial parting across the crown from ear to ear.
03. Take two slight diagonal back sections behind the ears, from above the round of the head to the back corners.
04. Continuing from the radical parting on both side of the head, take a slight diagonal forward section to the recession area to isolate the sides.
05. Take a vertical section at the ear. Comb the hair to 90˚, then elevate 90˚ to the round of the head, and establish the layering guide from short to long using blunt-cutting.
06. Continue with slight diagonal forward sections towards the front and over direct each section back to the stationary guide at the ear. This maintains length at the front perimeter.
07. Behind the ear, over-direct the hair forward to the stationary guide at the ear.
08a. Maintain hand and body position and repeat the same technique on the opposite side.
09. Now take a vertical section from the crown to the nape. Comb and elevate the hair 90˚ to the back of the head and reshape the layers using blunt-cutting, squarely to the head shape.
10a. Continue with vertical sections towards the sides and over-direct each section back to the centre to maintain length behind the ears.
11. At the top, work with horizontal sections. Starting at the crown, comb and elevate the hair 90˚ to the top of the head and cut squarely using point-cutting, maintaining a slight disconnection to the underneath areas.
12. Continue working towards the front and over-direct all sections back to the crown. This maintains length towards the front perimeter.
13a. Use brick cutting throughout the round of the head to loosen the shape and give separation, without creating frizz within the natural texture.
14a. Next, apply Foxy Curls Extreme Curl Mousse to the entire head, followed by Screw It Curl Hydrating Jelly Oil.
15a. Randomly wrap sections of the hair around your finger and let the hair rest before blow-drying.
16. Thoroughly blow-dry the hair using a diffuser.
17. Blast with a blow-dryer to loosen the hair and create natural separation.
The ultimate look for Spring. Loose, layered texture and soft pastel tones are given a creative edge with a hint of futuristic high shine metallics. Warren Boodaghians and Akos Bodi collaborate to share this hair tutorial.