01a. Apply Curls Rock Amplifier as a cutting agent. To begin, take a central profile parting from the forehead to the nape.
02a. Isolate a large fringe area from the top of the head to the low recession area with a crescent-shaped section.
03. Take a horizontal sub-section
04. Comb the hair to its natural fall
05. Comb down the remaining fringe and follow the guide.
06. Take two curved diagonal back sections from the fringe to the top of the occipital bone, and connect them squarely at the back to create an internal rectangular section.
07. To separate the front from the back, create a sub-section horizontally at the crown.
08. Part the top section in the middle, then take a horizontal section behind the fringe. Comb and elevate the hair to 90˚ to the round of the head and point-cut squarely to the head shape, disconnecting from the fringe.
09. Continue in this way, working towards the back, using horizontal sections to create the layering pattern.
10a. Maintain your body position and repeat the same technique on the other side.
11. Now take a vertical section behind the crown. Comb and elevate the hair to 90˚ to the round of the head and point cut squarely to the head shape.
12a. Continue working with pivoting sections towards the sides, slightly overdirecting each section back to the previous section.
13. Note the change of hand and body position and repeat the same technique on the other side.
14. Throughout the interior shape, twist-cut the hair to loosen the texture.
15a. Continue the technique through the round of the head.
16. Use point-cutting to reshape the baseline and perimeter horizontally at a low elevation.
17. Apply Strong Hold Mousse to the hair.
18. Blow-dry the hair using diffuser.
19. Blast the roots to loosen the hair, then finish with Work It Hairspray.