CUT TUTORIAL: JOEL’S UNDERCUT
Joel Torres shares a variation of the iconic Undercut in this cutting tutorial.
Joel Torres, TIGI Creative Director for Social Media Content, has been creating tutorials and digital education for over a decade, and has established himself as an influential figure in online hairdresser training. As such, he’s no stranger to creating hair tutorials from home.
In this latest video, Joel shows us how to create a variation of the classic Undercut technique, using the TIGI Copyright range.
Heat Protection Spray
Split End Repair Cream
STYLE & FINISH
Revitilising Dry Shampoo
Volume Finishing Spray
STEP BY STEP TECHNIQUE
- Prep hair with Heat Protection Spray and Split End Repair Cream as a cutting lotion.
- First, take a central vertical parting. Starting at the back, comb hair to its natural fall, elevate to a stationary 45° and point cut horizontally to create disconnection between the top and bottom.
- Continue with same technique on both sides of the head, using the guideline from the back.
- To remove weight from the top, work with horizontal sections and point cut squarely to the head. Over direct the front hairline slightly back to maintain length within the fringe.
- Blow-dry the hair smooth using a large paddle brush, then personalise to remove weight and create separation.
- Finish with Revitilising Dry Shampoo for added texture, and Volume Finishing Spray to lock the look.