CUT TUTORIAL: THE BOB
Joel Torres demonstrates how to achieve the perfect classic bob haircut.
In this latest video from Joel Torres, TIGI Creative Director for Content, he shows how to create the timeless, classic haircut: The Bob.
Heat protection spray
Volume finishing spray
- Prep the hair with TIGI Copyright Heat Protection Spray.
- Take a profile parting from forehead to nape, then 2 slight diagonal forward sections from the occipital bone to the bottom of the ears.
- Blunt cut your first section at 0˚ elevation, parallel to the parting.
- Next, take 2 slight diagonal sections from above the occipital bone to top of the ears and blunt cut parallel to the parting.
- Take a horseshoe section and comb hair at a natural fall and repeat the technique.
- Release the last section and repeat the technique.
- Blow-dry the hair and detail the perimeter.
- Hold the look with TIGI Copyright Volume Finishing Spray.
RECOMMENDED NEXT LEARNING
Modern Classics: Gen Itoh shows attention to detail with a modern twist in this tutorial of the Graduated Box Bob.
UK Academy Director, Piero Gentile, demonstrates the Bob, a timeless classic cutting technique. He softens the precise cut around the face for a contemporary update.
Give your clients a dose of post-Summer care to get their hair looking healthy and beautiful for the Winter.