TRANSFORMATION TUESDAY: FROM VIRGIN BRUNETTE TO CREAMY BLONDE
The new season means colour change, like this hair transformation from dark and warm, to a clean blonde balayage.
New hair new me! It is amazing how a hair change can really lift your mood and give you a feeling of empowerment. With summer months loading, year on year we see an increase in clients wanting to go lighter. For our latest hair transformation spotlight, we’re sharing this stunning seasonal update from Moda Hairdressing in Bristol, UK, whose virgin colour client wanted to lighten her look with a creamy blonde balayage.
After sharing her work with us at @TIGIProfessionals Instagram, we asked the stylist, Farrah, how she achieved the look for her client.
Farrah explains that her client had visited Moda salon for 15 years and had never in her lifetime coloured her hair. The client wanted to achieve the brightest blonde possible balayage from virgin hair level 5 (light natural brown). The client’s hair had been cut by Farrah a couple of weeks prior to the colour service.
TIGI COPYRIGHT COLOUR
True Light White
Activator 30 vol/9%
(Mix ratio 1:1 -1:2)
30g Gloss 10/02
+ 15g Gloss 9/12
+ 68g Activator 5vol/1.5%
THE COLOUR: FROM VIRGIN BRUNETTE TO CREAMY BLONDE
Carry out an Allergy Alert Test with the client using Formula 2 shade between 14 days – 48 hours prior to service.
- Using a full head of highlights sectioning pattern, take horizontal partings with a mix of slices and moderate weaves, applying Formula 1 True Light White into foil. Use a babylight technique around the hairline to frame the face.
- Process for up to 50 minutes.
- Rinse and remove the colour using TIGI Copyright Moisture Shampoo and Conditioner. Towel dry.
- Apply Formula 2 from roots to mid-lengths and ends. Process visually for up to 20 minutes.
- Rinse and remove using TIGI Copyright Moisture Shampoo, and towel dry. Mix 1-2 scoops of TIGI Copyright Treatment Base with 3 pumps Shine Booster and 3 pumps of Repair Booster. Leave for 3-5 minutes and rinse.
- Starting on damp hair, apply TIGI Copyright Heat Protection Spray and comb through.
- Using a flat paddle brush, blow-dry the hair to create soft movement. Create loose curls using a wand.
- Work a small amount of TIGI Copyright Colour Lustre Oil through the mid-lengths and ends, and brush through the curls with a wide-toothed comb or a brush.
- Spray Bed Head Headrush throughout the hair for the ultimate shine. Fix the style into place with a light spray of Bed Head Masterpiece.
Create your own colour transformations with our fully inter-mixable TIGI Copyright Colour range. To find out how you can become a stockist, contact us or speak to your TIGI Representative for more information.
Share your hair colour transformations with us! Tag us at @TIGIProfessionals for the chance to be featured on our next TIGI Fuse Transformation Tuesday.