TRANSFORMATION TUESDAY: BRUNETTE TO PEARL BLONDE
A hair transformation that wows: from brunette to blonde textured crop.
As hairdressers, you all know the power of a great transformation. A new hairstyle, cut and colour, can ignite a person’s personality as well as enhancing their features. In this latest hair transformation before and after, TIGI APAC Creative Director, Gen Itoh, and TIGI Technical Educator, Andy Cheong, share one of their favourite restyles. Together, they take their model from medium brunette to pearl blonde, and a short heavy bob to a modern textured crop haircut.
To start, Gen and Andy carried out a consultation to discuss their client’s aims and direction for the cut and colour.
“The model had a short Bob, and her hair texture and face shape gave her a ‘cute’ image,” says Gen. “With her haircut, I wanted to give her a look with a more modern feel, to make it less cute and more cool!”
“She had wavy hair with a natural level of 4/0 Medium Brown,” explains Andy. “Using the Creative Consultation, I assessed her complexion as Warm so decided to use a Sheer Glazing Technique to take her to a Pearl Blonde colour.”
THE COLOUR: FROM BRUNETTE TO PEARL BLONDE
- Pre-lighten the mid-lengths and ends of hair with TIGI Copyright Colour True Light White, using a 1:1 mixing ratio with Activator 30vol/9%. Process for 20 minutes.
- Apply True Light White with 20vol/6% on the root area and process for additional 20 minutes until a level 9 is achieved.
- Shampoo hair with TIGI Copyright Repair Shampoo. Towel dry and apply SOS Extreme Recovery Treatment for 5 minutes.
- Thoroughly rinse, and shampoo with TIGI Copyright Toning Shampoo.
- Towel dry, and apply Formula 1 to the root area, and process for 10 minutes.
- Apply Formula 1 through the mid-lengths and ends and process for a further 15 minutes.
- Rinse, and shampoo with TIGI Copyright Toning Shampoo followed by Repair Conditioner.
TIGI COPYRIGHT COLOUR
30g Gloss 9/12
+ 20g Gloss 10/02
+ 75g Activator 5vol/1.5%
THE CUT: FROM SHORT BOB TO TEXTURED CROP
- Apply TIGI Copyright Multi Tasking Styling Cream through damp hair.
- Take a delta section from below the crown to low recession.
- Cut under the delta section using reverse graduation (short internal to length external)
- Above the delta section, cut a square layer disconnecting from the length under the delta.
- Release both sections, and spray Texturising Salt Spray through the hair. Blow dry flat and smooth.
- Personalise to add texture. Use Texture Putty to finish the look.