TRANSFORMATION TUESDAY: FROM DARK BROWN TO SILVER
Check out this awesome colour change from brunette balayage to trending metallic.
We love a good hair transformation, and when we saw this before and after post pop up on the TIGI Professional’s Instagram feed, we just had to find out how the colour change was created for our latest Transformation Tuesday. TIGI ANZ Collective Team member, Courtney Mason shares with TIGI Fuse how she created this stunning change using TIGI Copyright Colour.
Courtney explains that her model has a natural level of 3 (Dark Brown), and the aim is to get the hair as light as possible, while keeping it in the best possible condition. The mid- lengths and ends of the hair were previously lightened by Courtney, for which she used a full head of foils technique on virgin hair, using TIGI Copyright Colour True Light White. The regrowth is virgin hair level 3 (Dark Brown).
TIGI COPYRIGHT COLOUR
True Light White
+ Activator 30 vol/9%
(Mix ratio 1:1 -1:2)
40g Gloss 10/08
+9g Gloss 9/12
+1g Gloss 3/0
+75g Activator 5vol/1.5%
20g Creative 8/1
+10g Creative 7/8
+9g Gloss 6/08
+ 1g Gloss 3/0
+60g Activator 5vol/1.5%
THE COLOUR: FROM DARK BROWN TO SILVER
- Using a full head foil sectioning pattern, utilising a moderate weave apply Formula 1, True Light White into foils.
- Process for up to 50 minutes.
- Rinse and remove colour using Copyright Repair Shampoo. Towel dry and apply SOS Treatment to the hair. Leave for 5 minutes.
- Rinse, cleanse and condition with Copyright Repair Shampoo and Conditioner.
- On towel dried hair, apply Formula 2 from roots to mid-lengths and ends and process visually for up to 20 minutes to pre-tone the hair.
- Rinse, remove and towel dry. Apply Formula 3 to root area and process visually, combing through to the ends to blend for the final 2 minutes.
- Rinse and remove using Copyright Repair Shampoo, and towel dry. Mix Copyright Treatment base with 2 pumps of Repair Booster, 2 pumps of Shine Booster and 2 pumps of Smooth Booster and apply. Leave for 3-5 minutes and rinse.
CUT: CLASSIC ONE LENGTH
- Through damp hair, apply Copyright Heat Protection Spray and Colour Lustre Oil.
- From a centre part , create a classic one length cut using small sections.
- Blow dry hair with a large round brush, creating movement.
- Use fingers apply Colour Lustre Oil through the ends to add shine and tousle hair.
- Lift and open the hair and use Maximum Hold Hairspray to hold in to place.
Create your own colour transformations with our fully intermixable TIGI Copyright Colour range. To find out how you can become a stockist, CONTACT US or speak to your TIGI Representative for more information.
Share your hair colour transformations with us! Tag us at @tigiprofessionals for the chance to be featured on our next TIGI Fuse Transformation Tuesday.